1. Going single-use plastic-free
To avoid single-use plastic is one excellent way for us to care for the planet, our oceans and forests. But while you can’t always avoid using it, our shopping doesn’t need to generate any single-use plastic waste, and supermarkets are introducing plastic-free options for a more sustainable shopping experience.
Join the sustainable shopping movement by bringing to your shopping your own containers to substitute the single-use plastic bags.
For grains and spices shopping, the Space Savers will become your best friends. They will take your foods straight from the shop to your cupboard without the need of a plastic bag in the process. The five different oval sizes of the Space Savers range can store up to 2.9 l and the SpiceShaker Seal will make it even easier to sprinkle salt and spices straight into your meal.
The Space Savers can be easily stacked in your pantry, and you’ll revel in satisfyingly slotting them into your perfect display. Foods remain fresh, plus the transparent material means it’s easy to identify the interior and what needs topped up when.
2. Step up your cleaning game and get rid of chemicals
It is possible to keep your house fresh and clean without using chemical products or disposables.
The highest quality of microfiber textile is now available in our MicroFiber Towel range. Each one with a different weave for optimal performance:
- Recycled Microfiber Dust Towel: Removes dust with just one wipe! Its double density microfiber has two sides: one with longer fibres for dust picking up and the other, with shorter fibres, to buff and polish any surface.
- Recycled Dish Drying Towel: It dries dishes and other home surfaces in a breeze with its super-absorbent loop weave.
- Recycled MicroFiber Window Towel: Great for washing glass and shiny surfaces without detergent. It can clean any sort of windows – yes, even the greasy ones - without leaving a trace. It will also eliminate the water droplets on the surface so no marks can be seen when it’s dry.
- Recycled Microfiber 2-Sided Mop: Its special Corduroy Weave is unique for each cloth. It can wash any kind of surface and absorbs water easily. Use the soft side for dry mopping and the scrub side for wet mopping.
- Recycled MicroFiber Multipurpose Towel: For a one-fits-all solution for sustainable home cleaning.
3. Keeping your fresh food... fresh for longer!
Reducing waste is a wonderful way of caring for the environment. When you keep them well-stored, fruits and vegetables in the fridge will flourish, so you can make sure they don’t go bad before you can enjoy them.
Tupperware®’s solution for better storing fresh foods is the VentSmart Series. It is specially designed to create the optimal environment for fruits and vegetables to stay fresh – and delicious - for longer.
You can also avoid food waste at home by creating a weekly menu with your favorite recipes. With those recipes you can create a shopping list and buy only the necessary ingredients from the supermarket. The Divided Lunch Box will keep your precooked meals fresh when you take them with you on your day at work or school. And don’t forget to freeze your leftovers. The Freezer Mates Series will be your best mate for keeping your food well stored in the freezer.
Any more to add to the list? Share with us using #ZeroWasteRenewClub on our social media channels! Now you’ve got things sustainably clean, here’s how to How to Organize Your Space and Stop the Chaos.