“Personal Data” means data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. It may include details such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, race, photographs of you, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members.
1. Collection of Personal Data
A. How Your Personal Data is Collected
The instances where Tupperware may collect your Personal Data includes, but is not limited to when you:
- use Tupperware’s services, the Website, other websites or social media pages operated by Tupperware, purchase products from Tupperware, register or open a user account with Tupperware;
- submit any forms in relation to other goods, services or opportunities offered by Tupperware, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- provide your Personal Data to Tupperware consultants;
- interact with Tupperware via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails, including Tupperware’s customer service agents;
- grant information on your device for Tupperware to do so;
- submit your personal data to us directly for any reason.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your Internet browser.
B. Types of Personal Data Collected
The Personal Data that Tupperware may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- personal information such as your full name, email address, gender, date of birth, address, contact details, recruiter’s identification no., National Registration Identification No., nationality, country of origin and marital status;
- any correspondences between you and Tupperware;
- information about how you use Tupperware products and services, including the amount of time you use Tupperware products and services, the pages you visit, and other information about your activities while on the Website or other websites operated by Tupperware;
- information provided by you in surveys from Tupperware;
- information on your operating system, browser, usage and transaction data, or other device information used to access the Website or other websites operated by Tupperware;
- marketing and product preferences data;
- social media accounts that you have voluntarily provided to Tupperware if you sign up to be a user of the Website using your social media account.
- The source of location and domain link accessing Tupperware sites
It may not be necessary to provide Tupperware with all of the Personal Data requested. However, some of your Personal Data is necessary for Tupperware to provide you with the goods, service, or certain features and functionality of the Website, which will not be accessible should you choose not to provide, or subsequently withdraw your consent to the collection and use of such Personal Data by Tupperware. Any Personal Data that is required will be marked as mandatory. For example, your name, address, telephone number, and credit card information, is necessary for Tupperware to process any orders you have placed on the Website, and to supply and deliver to you the goods or products you have ordered from the Website.
You agree to only submit and maintain information that are accurate, current and complete, and will inform Tupperware of any changes to your personal data. Tupperware may also prompt you to update your personal data from time to time.
2. Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Tupperware may use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
A. Provision of Goods and Services by Tupperware
For the provision and management of the goods and services by Tupperware to you, which include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- to process any orders you have placed on the Website and to communicate with you in respect of your orders;
- to supply and deliver to you the goods or products you have ordered from the Website;
- process, send notices and communicate with you;
- to respond to questions, comments and complaints from you;
- to respond to feedback and suggestions provided by you;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- where you have purchased products from Tupperware or its consultants: -
- to process warranty claim for identified products such as the NanoNature Water Filtration system;
- to process your claim for product replacement;
- to contact you to remind you regarding replacement of parts for products;
- to service any products that may require warranty replacement;
- for Preferred Customer and/or Consultants and Directors, to process your enrolment, provide you with the accompanying membership discounts and perks, and to pay-out any commissions to you where relevant.
B. Legal Purposes
For compliance with the law, which include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- detection, prevention and prosecution of crime, and investigations (internal or otherwise);
- internal auditing;
- performing due diligence checks; and
- comply with obligations under law whether within or outside of Singapore.
C. Marketing and promotional purposes
For marketing and promotional purposes, whether by way of telephone call, messaging services, and/or email, which include but shall not be limited to the following:
- to provide, market and/or promote to you benefits, products, promotions, discounts and services that are or may be offered by Tupperware or its partners;
- to invite you to any events, workshops, seminars activities or contests run by Tupperware or its partners, which may be of interest to you;
- to send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Tupperware, its consultants or its partners, who will also be provided with your personal information;
- to notify and invite you to events or activities organised by Tupperware or its partners; and
- to process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity; and
- to identify products and services which may be relevant or of interest to you.
Tupperware will obtain your express consent before using your Personal Information for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you have registered your telephone number with the National Do Not Call Registry, Tupperware will not send you our promotional and marketing messages via phone calls, text messages and faxes. However, if you have previously given Tupperware consent to contact you for such purposes, Tupperware will continue to do so until you withdraw your consent.
You can withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
3. Third-Party Disclosure and Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Data
Tupperware may need to use, process, disclose and/or transfer your Personal Data to its third-party service providers, agents, and/or affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third-parties, which may be located in or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-mentioned purposes. You understand and consent to such transfers. Such third-parties include, without limitation:
(i) contractors, agents, service providers and other third-parties used by Tupperware to support its business, including but not limited to –
- courier, delivery and/or postal services;
- service providers, including information technology service providers for infrastructure, software and development work and to maintain and update our data system and database,
- mailing-out of any materials, for provision of promotional material to you where you have so agreed in the marketing and promotional section above;
- credit card payment processors, credit reporting agencies; and
- data analytics services and market research services;
(ii) professional advisors including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
(iii) Tupperware’s subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations;
(iv) regulatory authorities in compliance with statutory and government requirements; and
(v) a buyer or successor in the event of a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up, in which Personal Data held by Tupperware is amongst the assets transferred.
Tupperware endeavours to ensure that the third-parties and our affiliates keep your Personal Data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing or similar risks and retain your Personal Data only for as long as your Personal Data is needed for the above-mentioned purposes.
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, although Tupperware makes good effort to ensure the security of your Personal Data during transfer or transmission, including through secured cloud services. Third-parties may unlawfully intercept or access Personal Data transmitted to or contained on the Website, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. Accordingly, there is no guarantees that Tupperware’s security measures will prevent unauthorized persons from accessing or obtaining such Personal Data.
4. Request for Access, Correction and/or Withdrawal of Consent and Other Enquiries Concerning Your Personal Data
Subject to certain exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to, correction, and/or withdrawal of your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession at any time.
If you have any requests, instructions, complaints, or wish to get in touch with us in relation to your Personal Data, you can send you email to, by contacting our Data Protection Office at:
Name: Doreen Chow
E-mail Address: DoreenChow@tupperware.com
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Tupperware may charge you a reasonable fee for handling and processing your request, which will be made known to you prior to the processing of your request. Where permissible, Tupperware may refuse the request for reasons permitted under the applicable law, such as where the request is deemed as vexatious or unreasonable. Tupperware will respond and process your request as soon as reasonably possible from the date of receipt of your request, subject to verification of your identity. If Tupperware is unable to do so within thirty (30) days, you will be notified of the expected timeline.
In respect of your right to withdraw consent, Tupperware will process your request as soon as reasonably possible from the date of receipt of your request, after having informed you of the consequences of your request for withdrawal of consent i.e. you may no longer be able to continue providing you with some or all of the products or services and/or access to the Website.
5. Administration, Management and Protection of Personal Data
Tupperware will take reasonable efforts to ensure that it only retains your Personal Data for as long as permitted by law or as relevant for the purposes for which such Personal Data was collected.
When disclosing your Personal Data, Tupperware will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secure. To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, processing and disclosure, Tupperware has in place appropriate security measures, including, but is not limit to the use of firewalls and encryption.
In the event of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically via any last known relevant email / particulars you have provided to us.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites
7. Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
If Tupperware becomes aware (including through a request by your parent or legal guardian) that your Personal Data has been inadvertently collected in contravention of the above, Tupperware will take the appropriate steps to cause such Personal Data to be deleted except where they must be retained for legal purposes.
Effective: 28 October 2022