Preparation time: 1 min.
Cooking time: 4min
Ingredients (6 people):
- 45 ml oil (±3 tbsp)
- 100 g popcorn kernels (±½ cup)
- Seasonings (optional)
- 30 g sugar (±2 tbsp)
- 30 g Parmesan cheese (grated) (± 1/4 cup)
- 60 g sugar (if making caramel popcorn) (±1/4 cup)
Heat oil in the Universal Cookware 4L Stockpot on medium-high heat.
Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels and place cover on top.
Once you no longer hear popping, which should take about 3–5 min., remove from heat and remove cover.
Add chosen seasoning, stir gently and serve.
If making Caramel Popcorn:
- In the clean Stockpot, pour 60 g / ±¼ cup sugar in an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Heat on medium-high heat, uncovered and without stirring, until the sugar melts and turns into a nice brown caramel.
- Remove from heat, pour popcorn into the pot and gently mix using a heat resistant spoon to coat the popcorn with the caramel. Do not touch the popcorn with your hands as the sugar is very hot.
- Allow to cool for 5 min., then transfer to a serving bowl.