Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 10min
Standing time: 5 min.
Ingredients (10 people):
- 8 unripe mangoes (approx. ±500 g / ±1.1 lb per mango)
- 6 Rawit or Thai chili peppers *
- 1 l white vinegar (7% acid) (±4¼ cups)
- 600 g granulated sugar (±3 cups)
- 40 g kosher salt (±2½ tbsp)
Peel mangoes and cut into approx. 1-1.5 cm / ±0.4-0.6 in. thick slices. Slice chili peppers into small rings (do not remove seeds*).
Arrange mangoes in the Universal Pickling Jar and add sliced chili pepper on top.
To make brine, boil vinegar, sugar and salt on high heat or approx. 5-8 min.; stir until dissolved.
Allow brine to cool for 5 min., then pour over mangoes and chilies.
Close with Pickling Cover, cool at room temperature and refrigerate for 2-3 days before opening to allow flavors to develop before consuming.
After opening, store vertically in refrigerator and use within 30 days.
*Remove seeds from chili peppers to reduce level of spiciness.