Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 31min
Ingredients (4 people):
- 1 yellow onion (cut into quarters)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks (cut into quarters)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 30 ml coconut or olive oil (±2 tbsp)
- 4 pieces short-cut bacon (roughly chopped)
- 1 large leek (white part only and thinly sliced)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (leaves only)
- 1 sprig thyme (leaves only)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 l vegetable or chicken stock (±6⅓ cups)
- 440 g canned cannellini beans (drained and rinsed) (±15.5 oz)
- 150 g uncooked risoni or macaroni (±1 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60 g kale (±2 cups)
- For Serving
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley
In the SuperSonic Chopper Extra, add onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Cover and pull cord until finely chopped then set aside.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in the Tupperware Mastro Cookware 5L/5.3QT Stockpot for a few minutes. Once hot, add bacon and cook for 2-3 min., or until bacon begins to brown. Add sliced leek and sauté for 2-3 min.
Add chopped vegetables, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf and sauté for 2-3 min. or until vegetables begin to soften.
Add stock, beans, pasta, salt and pepper, cover and cook for 15-20 min. on low heat, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked. Add kale and cook for 2 min. or until kale is softened.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Add in vegetables of your choice such as sweet potato, zucchini or even broccoli.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and fresh shaved Parmesan.
- Add in shredded roasted chicken for a more protein-packed soup.